Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hello from Munich!

Just a quick update since not a lot has happened since our last entry, but our new hotel has free Internet access and so why not take advantage? We are currently staying at the Lamier Hof am Schlasse... very nice hotel and we got an accidental deal on it... €60 instead of €100! After I left you in Amsterdam.... I spilled something all over my pants, which doesn't sound like a major crisis, but when you have 3 pair of pants and no access to your luggage and your on the main street of Amsterdam this is quite the crisis. I ran into a pub and the dutch man running the pub saw it in my eyes that I needed the restroom now and so he didn't bother with the .50 € exchange. I took off my capri's and washed them in the sink and managed to get the stain out. I had no choice but to walk out with my pants wet in such a way that made it look like I had wet my pants. Once again the gracious bar keep gracefully held his tongue. The pub ended up to be the oldest in Amsterdam and had cheap Heineken and so after we walked around Amsterdam for an hour to dry my pants we went back and enjoyed cheap bear (rarity in Amsterdam) and people watched for about 3 hour and had little ham and cheese croquet's to our hearts content. We headed to the train and found our nightly accommodations to be a bit cramped and hot. If you haven't taken an overnight trip to Munich from Amsterdam then you haven't lived! We were sharing with 6 people in a 4X6 area....literally! Luckily we had the nicest German couple above us and a small mute man that looked to be from Asia below us and so it could have been a lot worse if our bed mates weren't so polite.

Our room is ready and so Justin and I will clean up and see what Munich has to offer. I guess tomorrow is a holiday and so cross your fingers for us to find accommodations for the next two nights.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

sooooo, it's been 4 days and no word...update please! Overnight on train sounded fun...I think only the young could sleep under those circumstances! Love you mucho!!!