Justin and I had a fabulous first couple of days in Germany. We checked out his old stomping grounds and our favorite place so far was the Rhine Valley.... there were castles (yes I said castles) literally all over this river and the mountains were SO green. We came at a perfect time. We also had some local Reisling wine as well which was SO good. I enjoy the German people though they are not much for nervous American chatter and so I have to refrain and I've noticed that I've taken up sign language even when I'm speaking english with Justin because I speak no German.
Right now, Justin and I are enjoying a relaxing day in Amsterdam as yesterday was pretty eventful. We bought an iamsterdam pass where you have limitless access to several museums, discounts on restaurants and canal tours etc and so we hit up the Rijksmuseum Amsterdam, the Van Gough Museum, a canal tour and lunch at a Greek place for a discount. With the trams and other extras we managed to squeeze about 40 Euros of fun out of our 33 Euro passes.... Very cool since everything is SO expensive here!!! Europe is very catering to travelers though I must say that I feel like I stick out like a sore thumb. Today is the first time that I took the tram and didn't have a small panic attack that we were at the wrong stop, couldn't exit....etc. etc. There is a huge park right outside our hotel and we took a long walk there this morning and recharged our batteries. Justin and I are realizing that cities are very draining to visit. Though they have some crucial sites to see, we definitely enjoyed our relaxed time down the Rhine Valley in Germany. Justin and I are excited to take some walks around Amsterdam and see the sites. Amsterdam is so beautiful and the architecture and canal streets are amazing and (much to my relief) almost everyone speaks english. We are obsessed with the Tulips over here which are a big part of the history here. We are taking the overnight train to Munich, Germany and reserved a sleeper car that we will share with 4 other (hopefully nice) people :) I have my open minded, positivity pants on and we're having a fabulous time! I miss you all.
Mom, you would have a fabulous time in the Rhine Valley and I saw tons of motorcycles touring through the Rhine Valley though Clint would be quite the ruccus in his Harley Davidson vs. a vespa :)
Love, Paige and Justin
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys are having a GREAT time! We love you...have fun and be safe.:) Dad is here, so I had him read this too. Just FYI.:)
Post a Comment