
Justin Singleterry, married to my daughter, Paige Singleterry, just graduated with a Bachelor of Science from University of Montana in Missoula, MT. He started his degree after his first overseas stint in Kosovo in the US Army and finished it after his second overseas assignment in Iraq. He deserves all of our congratulation and praise for taking on this task and seeing it to the end. This accomplishment will continue to enrich his life and his family's lives for all the years to come.
I love to read quotes from other people and recognize the wisdom, humor and just down-too-earthness of their personalities. I even have a document in my Word file at work and at home for quotes I want to save:)...just in case! I found some great quotes that I wanted to share with Justin and decided this family blog was a perfect place to do just that! Hope you enjoy, Justin!
"Without friendship and the openness and trust that go with it, skills are barren and knowledge may become an unguided missile."
- university president Frank H.T. Rhodes, at Cornell University, 1983.
"The country demands bold, persistent experimentation. It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something."
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt, at Oglethorpe University, 1932
"The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of you is a fuse."
- former New York City mayor Edward Koch, at the Polytechnic Institute of New York, 1983
"I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplishments alone, but also on how well you have addressed the world's deepest inequities - on how well you treated people a world away who have nothing in common with you but their humanity."
- Microsoft chairman Bill gates, at Harvard University, 2007
"Be active...Be involved. Be heard. Be aggressive. Be smart. Don't be afraid."
- cyclist Lance Armstrong, at Tufts University, 2006
Go for it, Justin!
I love to read quotes from other people and recognize the wisdom, humor and just down-too-earthness of their personalities. I even have a document in my Word file at work and at home for quotes I want to save:)...just in case! I found some great quotes that I wanted to share with Justin and decided this family blog was a perfect place to do just that! Hope you enjoy, Justin!
"Without friendship and the openness and trust that go with it, skills are barren and knowledge may become an unguided missile."
- university president Frank H.T. Rhodes, at Cornell University, 1983.
"The country demands bold, persistent experimentation. It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something."
- President Franklin D. Roosevelt, at Oglethorpe University, 1932
"The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of you is a fuse."
- former New York City mayor Edward Koch, at the Polytechnic Institute of New York, 1983
"I hope you will judge yourselves not on your professional accomplishments alone, but also on how well you have addressed the world's deepest inequities - on how well you treated people a world away who have nothing in common with you but their humanity."
- Microsoft chairman Bill gates, at Harvard University, 2007
"Be active...Be involved. Be heard. Be aggressive. Be smart. Don't be afraid."
- cyclist Lance Armstrong, at Tufts University, 2006
Go for it, Justin!
1 comment:
Mom -- WOW, I am amazed at your computer savvyness!!!:) A post WITH a picture!:) THANKS for posting...
JUSTIN -- CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an awesome accomplishment!!! College is the process and now the work begins -- but thanks to that degree -- you can enjoy working at what you WANT to work at, instead of what others want you to do!:) We are very proud of you!!!
Post a Comment